Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Those Who Stand

When I started my new job in the city, I began using public transportation again. This time, however, I was using a trolly/subway instead of the train. The main difference I've noticed, is that while people do their best to sit on the train, most want to stand on the trolly and subway. What's annoying is that they stand right at the doorway. Now if the person gets on at one stop and is getting off at the very next stop, or perhaps the one after that, I can understand standing near the door. But when one is taking up space at the door, making it difficult for other passengers to get on, and move past them for several stops, I want to yell out "hey, take a seat!"

I mean really, do you have to block the door just to make sure that you're the first one out the door? Are those few precious seconds that are saved because you reached the exit first that necessary? Are you that important that you must reach your destination a few seconds before me? Its annoying enough when I have to move through several of you to get into the trolly so I can sit down. On the few occasions that I have my baby stroller and therefore must stand in the area you are at because the stroller is too big to move down the aisle, I'm pissed.

Hey! Take a seat!

No comments: