Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Music Obsession Take 2

In follow up to My Music Obsession, I've gotten Adam Lambert's first album and its as good as I'd hoped. Yeah, I would have liked a little more rock, but I'm good with the electronic/pop stuff too. Still, very good first album. Definitely looking forward to his next (and I'd love to see one of his shows, the AMAs be damned, heh).

I also decided to join the 21st century and give up resisting Apple to get an Ipod. I've been missing listening to music as much as I used to, since my minivan has no CD player, my work CD player/radio/clock is broken (although I can still play CDs on the computer) and I can't really listen to CDs much at home except through the computer as we no longer have any speakers hooked up to the CD player. At least now I can listen to music on the subway and at home when I'm reading (and in the car, though I really should get an adapter/plug rather than using the earphones).

I downloaded all the songs and videos I bought from Itunes during AI, plus the new Adam Lambert CD (which actually I bought as MP3 from Amazon for $3). Now I have to start uploading my CDs onto the computer and then putting those songs on the Ipod (room for like 2000 songs I think). That's going to take a while (more than 400 CDs, I'm sure), but I suppose it will force me to finally go through and catelogue my CDs, maybe actually put them in order in a real storage container (good use for empty boxes from Christmas deliveries), as opposed to shelves here and there (and I need more room for books and DVDs anyway). I may even find some I can take to the CD store for credit/exchange (although does anyone actually buy music from a brick and mortar store anymore?).

I'm at least trying to set some good examples for my kids (whom I know will eventually get electronics of their own). No listining to the ipod during meals. When someone speaks to you, take the earphones off, both of them. Always put the ipod in a designated 'not being used' spot so it doesn't get lost or laundered (hubby swears I'll lose my ipod in 4-6 months - gotta prove him wrong so I can get a new phone to replace the crappy one I have because my good phone was lost/stolen, and my decent replacement went through the washing machine in my pants pocket - lost my cool Adam Lambert ringtone on both /sob).

Can't wait to rediscover old favorite tunes (and find out what Offspring CDs I'm missing).

2 comments:

Dave Mosier said...

It's been years since I purchased a CD from a brick and mortar store. I just placed an order for a few via Amazon. The problem that I have is that the local stores don't have the CDs that I want.

Of course, with my tastes being towards two favorite bands out of Canada, I don't have much of a choice but to buy online.

Eponah said...

I had some difficulty when my husband hooked me onto some french singers. I couldn't even buy them from Amazon, I went to ebay. Well, I could have bought them from Canadian Amazon, but would have to pay much more in shipping.