Monday, November 23, 2009

Why Men Shouldn't Shop

Now I know why men don't shop and why it should stay that way. Besides the fact that they usually don't like it, too many people, having to wait around for sales people or in line at the register, trying to make sense of the sales and/or prices, they just don't pay attention and they suck at comparison shopping. Even when its on-line, at home, with all the time in the world and no pushing and shoving, apparently they can't be bothered to google something and see if someone else is selling the same thing for less.

We're home this weekend buying a Christmas gift for our daughter, on behalf of my french in-laws (the item wasn't available in France). We're buying a Leapster 2 and a bunch of games/accessories. My husband goes to the Leap Frog website to buy the item. He tells me that the console is $50.00, but more in pink and the games are $25 each, plus shipping of like $20. I say wait, lets check Amazon.com. Sure enough, I find the same item and the games for less money and the shipping is $8 for everything.

Not more than an hour or two later, he comes to me again about a Christmas gift for his brother. I say sure, get the items. He then tells me after placing the order that the cost is more more because the shipping is $14. Excuse me? $14? For what we're getting? Well, that's what the manfacturer's website charges. Did you check Amazon.com? Uh, no. Sigh. Sure enough, Amazon has the same items, a few dollars less, for FREE SHIPPING. You think he paid attention with Leap Frog, yes? Nope.

That's why men shouldn't shop. They just don't pay attention. We won't get into the fact that I can't send him to the grocery store for milk unless I give him a photograph of exactly what to buy.

1 comment:

Dave Mosier said...

I busted up laughing when I read this!

I think I'll point to it the next time I make a blog entry.